Piepmeier, Olivia and Stephanie Grimm, editors. Comics and Critical Librarianship: Reframing the Narrative in Academic Libraries. Sacramento: Library Juice Press, 2019.
Halsband, M. and Grimm, S. (2018.) “Panel Problems: Issues and Opportunities for Webcomics Archives.” Art Documentation: Journal of the Art Libraries Society of North America, 37(2), 119-140. https://doi.org/10.1086/700204
Meeks, A. and Grimm, S. (2017). “Break the Stereotype! Critical Visual Literacy in Art & Design Librarianship.” Art Documentation: Journal of the Art Libraries Society of North America, 36(2), 173-190. https://doi.org/10.1086/694238
Powers, Z. and Grimm, S. (2016). “Playing Together: Analyzing Jazz Improvisation to Improve the Multiframe.” The Comics Grid: Journal of Comics Scholarship, 6(8), 1-15.
Grimm, S. (2017). “Design Thinking for Libraries.” Review of Design Thinking for Libraries, by IDEO. ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews.
Grimm, S. (2016). “UX + ADSL: User Experience and Art + Design School Libraries.” ARLIS/NA Art & Design School Libraries Division.
Grimm, S. (2016).”Patreon.” Review of Patreon. ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews.
Grimm, S. (2015). “RISS Review: British Pathé.” Review of British Pathé. ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews.
Grimm, S. (2014). “NMC/EDUCAUSE Higher Education Horizon Report.” Review of the 2014 NMC/EDUCAUSE Higher Education Report, the New Media Consortium. ARLIS/NA Multimedia & Technology Reviews.
Conference Presentations + Posters
- Panelist, “Collections and Legacy: the Life of Your Book After it is Published/Self-Published,” Society for Photographic Education 2019 Conference, Richmond, VA. October 2019.
- Poster session, “Opening the (Artists’) Books: Enhancing Discovery through Student Research,” Institute for Teaching and Learning, George Mason University. September 2019.
- Panelist, “Comics For All.” Mind the Gaps: Comics Studies Society Annual Conference, University of Illinois (UIUC), August 2018.
- “Breaking the Stereotype: Critical Visual Literacy for Art & Design Students.” Presented at the ARLIS/NA Annual Conference, February 5-9, 2017, New Orleans, LA. (proceedings forthcoming)
- “Authority without Authors: Using the ACRL Frameworks in Support of an Online Graduate Illustration Course.” Presented at the ARLIS/NA Annual Conference, February 5-9, 2017, New Orleans, LA. (proceedings forthcoming)
- “Updated Daily: Issues and Opportunities with Webcomics Preservation,” Poster presented at ARLIS/NA – VRA Joint Conference, March 8-12, 2016, Seattle, WA. (Download poster – 1.8MB)
- Gimenez, P., Grimm, S., and Parker, K. “Testing and Templates: Building Effective Research Guides,” Co-presenter, Georgia International Information Literacy Conference, September 25, 2015, Savannah, GA.
- “To the Front! Bringing Collections and Librarian Expertise into User Communities and the Classroom.” Session organizer and moderator, ARLIS/NA 41st Annual Conference, April 25-29, 2013, Pasadena, CA. Conference Proceedings
- “Minicomics: What’s the Big Idea?” Paper presented at ARLIS/NA 40th Annual Conference, March 29-April 2, 2012, Toronto ON. Conference Proceedings
Other presentations & invited talks
- Guest speaker, “Comics Collections and Webcomics Archives,” Art & Museum Libraries Institute, Catholic University of America. Presented at the Library of Congress, June 11, 2019.
- Presentation, “Comics On and Off the Page,” Research & Scholarship Celebration, George Mason University Libraries, June 2019.
- Co-presenter, “Critical Visual Literacy + Gender,” with Amanda Meeks, DEDU Inside Bytes: SLA Professional Development webinar series, January 2019. http://bit.ly/2sXpCCC
- Guest speaker, “Webcomics: A Short History,” GMU Honors 112: Comics Studies, Spring 2018.
- Invited speaker, “Interviews in Art Librarianship: Art & Design Librarianship.” Virtual presentation/interview for art librarianship course at Indiana University Bloomington. Fall 2017.
- Invited panelist, “Look at Me Now: Crit Lib, Visual Literacy + Zine Workshop.” Hosted by Progressive Librarians Guild, Simmons College. April 2017.